We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team. For more information about the role and how to apply please see below.
Wage: £25,000-£30,000 pro rata (dependent on experience)
Hours: 22.5 hours/3 days a week
Contract: Initially to 31 March 2021 (potential for extension dependent on funding)
Working for Social Sense Limited
We are passionate about delivering positive, social behavioural change and ensuring measurable results for communities. We challenge norms, disrupt systems, and co-produce our products and services with the people who matter across all grassroots communities and backgrounds.
As a multi-award winner, we have now engaged more than 200,000 people directly in the UK and overseas. Comprehensive and independent evaluations regularly validate the efficacy of our approach and in one recent paper, estimated a Social Value return of more than £8 to every £1 invested with us.
Our current programmes include:
- An app for people living with dementia and their carers (Greater Moments)
- A mindfulness programme and app (Mindful Me)
- Behaviour change programmes for young people, focusing on risky behaviours (R U Different?)
- A healthy relationships project for young people (Change Up)
- A specialist housing project to support victims of domestic abuse (Moving on Project)
In addition to the above, we use our lived experience of programme delivery to provide marketing and digital consultancy services to range of socially focused organisations. Our DNA focuses us on helping people deliver ‘more for less’ and in ways that are more sustainable.
As a small team we are dedicated to partnership working. We deliver all our projects in collaboration with a range of organisations as well as ensuring that there’s meaningful co-production throughout the life of our projects.
Culture is very important to us. We cultivate a culture of curiosity, challenging our team to try new things and push the boundaries of what ‘is possible’. We encourage our staff to adopt a test, learn and improve approach versus trying to manage the risk out of all situations.
We also adopt a ‘strengths-based approach’, building on what is working versus getting caught up in what is not. Failure is accepted and even encouraged if it helps us to learn and improve.
We often find the KPI (Key Performance Indicators) approach restricting. We like to use varied tools for measuring success, whilst being mindful of meeting targets milestones for commissioned work. Our flexibility extends to the working day also, where we don’t enforce working 9-5 every day.
Instead we work together with a shared growth mindset, taking a thematic approach, collectively striving for what ‘good’ and ‘excellent’ could look like within our various aspects of work.
We work hard, with empathy and purpose. And we have a lot of fun doing it!
About the opportunity
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, passionate, and driven Project Manager to join us, supporting us to deliver our projects and contracts to a consistently high standard. The role will operationally co-ordinate and lead on all live projects, reporting to the Director of Operations.
We offer flexible working between our new office space in Media City and home working. Having worked remotely between March and August the team now have regular office days (in a covid safe office space) as well as regular days working remotely/from home.
What are we looking for?
- Project management experience (at least two years), with demonstrable skills in ensuring projects meet key performance indicators and are delivered within budget
- Experience of line management of staff or volunteers
- A team player, able to work collaboratively as well as working using your own initiative
- A self-starter, able to take responsibility for your own schedule and workload and to know when to delegate
- Provision of great customer service for all ‘customers’ of Social Sense
- Attention to detail and effective record keeping
- Experience of writing reports, analysing statistics, and drafting presentations for a range of audiences
- Able to use Microsoft Office programmes proficiently
- Social media marketing
Benefits of working for Social Sense:
- Flexible working
- Company pension
- 25 days annual leave (based on FTE)
- Access to training and personal development opportunities
Social Sense are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, faith and religion, disability, and age.
Appointment will be based on merit alone.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter OR alternatively you can send us a video of you, outlining how your skills and experience meet what we’re looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org putting ‘Project Manager Application’ in the subject line.
Closing date: Monday 19 October, 12pm
Interview date: Wednesday 28 October (TBC)