Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Flexible – North West
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £ Neg.
Responsible to: Managing Director
Social Sense is an award winning, Salford Quays based Social Marketing agency delivering positive and measurable outcomes to Children, Young People and Families throughout the UK and Europe. We exist to help young people become more resilient in tackling the challenges they face in their lives.
Social Sense has created a range of evidence based programmes to tackle health & wellbeing problems in our society including the R U Different? Programme, our ‘World leading’ social norms programme ‘Change Up’ and our fastest growing programme, ‘Mindful Me’. Combining technology with the latest developments in Social Marketing, we simply know how to engage. Importantly, we also know how to transform data and intelligence into positive and measurable interventions that can help individuals and communities to ‘help themselves’.
By working with our Managing Director, you will help deliver our growth aspirations by securing new contracts and funding in line with our 3 year strategic plan. The role also involves raising the profile of Social Sense whilst maintaining and building new partnerships in targeted areas.
- To deliver the annual Business Development Plan, supporting the organisations sustainable growth and establishing Social Sense as a key player in the delivery of health services across the UK.
- To maintain oversight of upcoming business development opportunities through relevant procurement portals; local networks and partnerships.
- To ensure Social Sense is well placed to respond effectively to new opportunities by raising our profile and ensuring appropriate partnerships are established prior to procurement exercises commencing.
- To work with the Managing Director and SMT to identify opportunities to add value to existing contracts by bringing in additional financial and partnership resources.
- To develop and submit high quality tender submissions for new work where opportunities meet the objectives of Social Sense.
- To maintain oversight of the Social Sense marketing function to ensure it is effectively utilised to help convert profile into new business.
- To actively promote Social Sense range of services, identifying opportunities to raise our profile and extol the benefits of working with Social Sense as a provider of high quality health and social care services.
- To be an active member of key local and regional forums and networks to ensure Social Sense is represented and well placed to influence change at a senior level.
Please send your CV & Cover letter by Friday 17th November 2017. A person specification is also attached. Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org